Oxford Invitational Youth Robotics Challenge is a community-based partnership founded in 2005 to give youth hands-on experience in design, construction and team problem solving by building and programming a robot for an industrial-type task. Through this exciting project youth are encouraged to explore the many rewarding careers available today with manufacturing companies in Oxford County and the surrounding area.
- To give youth hands-on experience in design, construction and team problem solving by building and programming a robot for an industry modeled task
- To expose youth to innovative technology and to test their interests and abilities
- To connect youth with a mentor from the manufacturing industry to provide valuable experience, learning about real world scenarios, problem solving and team building skills
2017 Steering Committee:
- Community Employment Services Woodstock
- County of Oxford
- Elgin Middlesex Oxford Workforce Planning & Development Board
- Fanshawe College Woodstock Campus
- London District Catholic School Board
- Michael Harding, Consultant
- Oxford Sand & Gravel Ltd.
- Woodstock Economic Development